TWA Gold Package in the Premium Shop

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

dance210 #1 Posted 03 October 2017 - 02:40 PM

Sergeant

• Administrator

*Please note: Gold sales will be available soon!

Greetings Commanders!

As many of you are aware, during early closed beta we made the decision to not sell Gold separately from the founders packs. At the time, we wanted to “…see how players react with a very limited amount of gold/no gold at all. This serves the purpose of having a better understanding of the progression system while also having a better understanding of the free to play version of the game and player's progression if no gold can be spent.”

That being said, we’ve heard several players requesting the ability to purchase Gold. For those who have been patiently waiting to do so, you’ll be happy to know that we’re ready to move to the next step in testing the in game economy: understanding how you will progress through the game as a paying player. Starting with the new update, players will be able to purchase Gold packages of 2,500 for $9.99. By selling Gold now, our goals are to better understand your spending habits, and what kind of an impact Gold has on player progression, and how we can provide the best value to you as a player. Of course there are other business related benefits to selling Gold now, but our primary goal is to make Total War: ARENA a great experience from all aspects.

But why not just give everyone more free Gold?

Well, the reality is that we as human beings tend to behave differently when we’re given something for free vs. when it has real monetary value to us. Knowing how players will spend in-game currency that has intrinsic value to them will help us in making decisions when it comes to aspects of our business model like pricing, what kind of special offers are appealing to you, and how much value you feel you’re getting out of your time with Total War: ARENA.  

What about the wipe that’s going to happen before Closed Beta? Is the Gold I spend now gone?

You will be refunded all gold, both from the Founder’s Packs and purchased separately, when we reset progression.

I’m not in the Closed Beta. Can I purchase gold and have it waiting for me when I get access?

Unfortunately, no. Only players who currently have access to the closed beta test will be able to purchase Gold for Total War: ARENA.

Is gold purchased for Total War: ARENA shared with my World of Tanks, World of Warships, or World of Warplanes accounts?

No, Gold purchased for Total War: ARENA is not shared between your other Wargaming game accounts.

Can I purchase Gold packages for another player as a gift?

At this time, you may only purchase Gold packages for yourself and your account.

Both the team at Creative Assembly and Wargaming are grateful for your feedback and participation in the Closed Beta. If you have any questions around this change and our decision to start selling Gold, feel free to ask them here in this thread. We’ll be checking in throughout the day.

Thanks and we’ll see you on the Battlefield!

The TWA Development and Publishing teams

TWA Portal                  TWA Twitter                  TWA Facebook

MoistKrappenschitz #2 Posted 03 October 2017 - 03:54 PM

Private

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

I just think that everyone should have a good test or it will take months and not all the bugs will ever be fixed.  Just like WOT and that broken game. That game needed to be tested way longer but no they just threw it out there with a ton of bugs. Now people are leaving that game left and right due to the lack of getting it right. Is this game going to be the same way?

the humans act differently is bull. Testers need to test Just another way to TRY to take folks hard earned money. I buy nothing and will not be buying anything till this game is released. Spend my money of a beta game I might as well just throw it away.

Edited by MoistKrappenschitz, 03 October 2017 - 04:06 PM.

Ardez #3 Posted 03 October 2017 - 03:58 PM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian

View PostMoistKrappenschitz, on 03 October 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

Terrible when testers have to pay to play/test.Testers paying just isn't right. we don't need tons of gold just enough to test the game properly. I would think a tester would get stuff free like any other game including the game called world of tanks we got millions so we could try and test everything. I would not buy anything as a tester not to see if the game is worth it or not. This is really bothering me being charged to beta testers.

Now folks that want to waste their money on a game that isn't even out yet will have a big advantage on the ones who are smart enough not to waste money on a game that hasn't even been released yet.

If the game fails would you give the people who did waste their money a refund?

I do have to say I am enjoying the game to date!! Tough grind to next level but nothing new Tanks is the same way.

Well, the reality is that we as human beings tend to behave differently when we’re given something for free vs. when it has real monetary value to us. Knowing how players will spend in-game currency that has intrinsic value to them will help us in making decisions when it comes to aspects of our business model like pricing, what kind of special offers are appealing to you, and how much value you feel you’re getting out of your time with Total War: ARENA.  

Also Moist, you may be unaware of this, but when the game was on steam during beta they had gold purchases available via the steam store and all of the money spent has been refunded from that. Historically it was done, although Sega was the publisher at the time.

MoistKrappenschitz #4 Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:10 PM

Private

So do we get a refund if we was to purchase gold as a beta tester or not?

View PostArdez, on 03 October 2017 - 03:58 PM, said:

Also Moist, you may be unaware of this, but when the game was on steam during beta they had gold purchases available via the steam store and all of the money spent has been refunded from that. Historically it was done, although Sega was the publisher at the time.

I think you have enough games out to know the pricing.

What's next a car dealerships charging fees to take a test drive before you may buy the car?

Edited by MoistKrappenschitz, 03 October 2017 - 04:11 PM.

SPEEROARENACANUS #5 Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:07 PM

Junior Sergeant

Still waiting on an update to the adjustment of the original conversion rate from the gold we had before I pay anything else. I bought the founder's pack that came with a bunch of gold, and wasted a lot of it on the old conversion rate.

"War Dogago Delenda Est."

And, as always, death to War Dogs.

- Cato the Elder, 2017

OtterWolf #6 Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:14 PM

Private

View PostMoistKrappenschitz, on 03 October 2017 - 04:10 PM, said:

So do we get a refund if we was to purchase gold as a beta tester or not?

I think he answered that... 

What about the wipe that’s going to happen before Closed Beta? Is the Gold I spend now gone?

You will be refunded all gold, both from the Founder’s Packs and purchased separately, when we reset progression.

Great game name btw, it fits.

Robert_Oakridge #7 Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:13 AM

Lance-corporal

View PostArdez, on 03 October 2017 - 03:58 PM, said:

Wow I didn't even think about this?  How do I go about getting the gold from the steam version transferred over?  Just submit a ticket?

Ardez #8 Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:53 AM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian

View PostRobert_Oakridge, on 03 October 2017 - 07:13 PM, said:

Wow I didn't even think about this?  How do I go about getting the gold from the steam version transferred over?  Just submit a ticket?

When I say refunded, I mean they gave you your money back on steam for any gold purchased. It already happened back in like March of 2016 iirc.

9Lashes #9 Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:01 PM

Lance-corporal

View PostMoistKrappenschitz, on 03 October 2017 - 09:54 AM, said:

I just think that everyone should have a good test or it will take months and not all the bugs will ever be fixed.  Just like WOT and that broken game. That game needed to be tested way longer but no they just threw it out there with a ton of bugs. Now people are leaving that game left and right due to the lack of getting it right. Is this game going to be the same way?

the humans act differently is bull. Testers need to test Just another way to TRY to take folks hard earned money. I buy nothing and will not be buying anything till this game is released. Spend my money of a beta game I might as well just throw it away.

I just had to reply to the World Of Tanks comment :D Something to keep in mind is world of tanks is much older then the new titles of wargaming.net. Also having been around a very long time threw a few accounts I can say I see a lot of the same people threw out the titles. It is not a dying problem it is simple we are experiencing more games from the same company. One thing holds true to the player base of all the games. WarGaming makes amazing things happen to what ever project they commit to. Thus dragging all us gamers into the mix wanting to play with all the new toys.

Edited by 9Lashes, 07 October 2017 - 10:03 PM.

SecretStory #10 Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:22 PM

Private

View PostArdez, on 04 October 2017 - 10:53 AM, said:

When I say refunded, I mean they gave you your money back on steam for any gold purchased. It already happened back in like March of 2016 iirc.

I never got any refund for the game or anything spent in it, and i kindof expected id have access to it when it released again. nope..

Gota pay more money to play a game i bought was closed and remade.

can wait to play it but wont be buying it again.

KreepyKritter #11 Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:33 PM

Lance-corporal

Were there plans to actually update the website with this option? Because I'm not seeing it. Yes I'm logged in, but there are only 5 options and they're all "Closed Beta Access" founder's packs.

Ardez #12 Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:35 PM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian
It seems that it is on the website, but only if you have purchased one of the existing packs. I'm able to see it because I already bought a founders pack.

KreepyKritter #13 Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:36 PM

Lance-corporal

View PostArdez, on 11 October 2017 - 01:35 PM, said:

It seems that it is on the website, but only if you have purchased one of the existing packs. I'm able to see it because I already bought a founders pack.

That seems like a really dumb flag to set... 

dance210 #14 Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:52 PM

Sergeant

• Administrator

View PostKreepyKritter, on 11 October 2017 - 11:33 AM, said:

Were there plans to actually update the website with this option? Because I'm not seeing it. Yes I'm logged in, but there are only 5 options and they're all "Closed Beta Access" founder's packs.

Hi KreepyKritter,

The Journeyman (gold) Bundle should be available in the Premium Shop for all players, whether they have purchased a Founder Pack or not. Thanks for reporting this; we will investigate to determine why the bundle is showing for everyone.

TWA Portal                  TWA Twitter                  TWA Facebook

NOXREDFOX #15 Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:49 AM

Lance-corporal

The XP ratio is 25 to 1 gold is serious. You can get 65,000exp in 10 dollars. For example, the upgrade cost for upgrading from 9tier to 10tier requires more than 600,000 experience
You should use about $ 100 when upgrading. Do we have to invest tens of thousands of dollars in total war? Advanced sperm should also be used. Even if you play more than six hours, it will take more than a month to reach 10. How many people play on average? It takes a lot of money, time and money to play this game. This will not have many users 

Edited by NOXREDFOX, 12 October 2017 - 06:27 PM.

Selcis #16 Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:27 PM

Private

• Players

OMG thank you, NOXREDFOX for the best laugh I've had in ages!

View PostNOXREDFOX, on 12 October 2017 - 08:49 AM, said:

The XP ratio is 25 to 1 gold is serious. You can get 65,000exp in 10 dollars. For example, the upgrade cost for upgrading from 9tier to 10tier requires more than 600,000 experience
You should use about $ 100 when upgrading. Do we have to invest tens of thousands of dollars in total war? Advanced sperm should also be used. Even if you play more than six hours, it will take more than a month to reach 10. How many people play on average? It takes a lot of money, time and money to play this game. This will not have many users 

You're obviously willing to use anything it takes to make your money stretch even further.....

KreepyKritter #17 Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:51 PM

Lance-corporal

View Postdance210, on 11 October 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

Hi KreepyKritter,

The Journeyman (gold) Bundle should be available in the Premium Shop for all players, whether they have purchased a Founder Pack or not. Thanks for reporting this; we will investigate to determine why the bundle is showing for everyone.

So... when exactly is this going to get addressed?

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users