Jump to content


The camara is... Bad


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

LoboGris #1 Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:14 AM

    Private

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 1
  • Member since:
    04-17-2012

Its only me, or the camara is really bad, its not like in all Total War games.



Ardez #2 Posted 30 September 2017 - 07:59 AM

    Zhayedan

  • Praetorian
  • 2,237
  • Member since:
    03-06-2012

It is bad in the opinion of quite a few people.

 

AFAIK the official reasons for it being zoomed in are:

 

They want you to be closer to the action to focus you on one part of the battle. Supposedly this levels the playing field a bit for new players compared to more experienced players.



Isoret #3 Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:09 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 3
  • Member since:
    10-05-2011
I agree.  Not a fan of the camera controls.

SmilinJen #4 Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:52 PM

    Private

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 2
  • Member since:
    05-01-2014

I also agree the camera is bad.  If playing artillery one needs an overhead view.  This would help to cut down on friendly fire, plus it is so hard to see where to shoot with hills, valleys, buildings etc.

My camera gets buggy at times and decides to travel across the map out of my control.



DalRiada #5 Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:24 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 52
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View PostArdez, on 30 September 2017 - 07:59 AM, said:

It is bad in the opinion of quite a few people.

 

AFAIK the official reasons for it being zoomed in are:

 

They want you to be closer to the action to focus you on one part of the battle. Supposedly this levels the playing field a bit for new players compared to more experienced players.

 

I assume and hope that can't be the real reason.  This game requires situational awareness like no other.  Its very difficult to image that the lack of zoom out is purposefully meant to negate this need.  Ardez, if you don't mind me asking, where do you get this information.  Do you work for CA or WG?  I assume not as you seem to be too frank for an employee.  Just interested, because you seem to know a lot.  Thanks for your contributions.

Ardez #6 Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:25 AM

    Zhayedan

  • Praetorian
  • 2,237
  • Member since:
    03-06-2012

View PostDalRiada, on 28 December 2017 - 07:24 PM, said:

 

I assume and hope that can't be the real reason.  This game requires situational awareness like no other.  Its very difficult to image that the lack of zoom out is purposefully meant to negate this need.  Ardez, if you don't mind me asking, where do you get this information.  Do you work for CA or WG?  I assume not as you seem to be too frank for an employee.  Just interested, because you seem to know a lot.  Thanks for your contributions.

 

I was a player on steam, have been an alpha tester since last November. I'm an admin for the /r/totalwararena subreddit and discord server. I'm also in the Praetorian tester group, who have some additional exposure to the devs. I specifically asked if that bit of information about the camera could be shared publicly.

Edited by Ardez, 29 December 2017 - 12:26 AM.


traumadisaster #7 Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:42 AM

    Sergeant

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 329
  • Member since:
    07-20-2012
I'm ok the with the general camera, not sure if it's a case of just used to it by now.  But the camera issue I have is it elevates based on terrain way high, like on the top of a mountain and it's really responsive so I'm suddenly out of the desired view quickly.  An example is the hot gates, not a big deal though.

Equinox187 #8 Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:23 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 37
  • Member since:
    11-17-2017
Seriously, what is up with this camera. I assumed after years of success with Total War they would stick with what works. I believe it is there attempt to keep players heads on a swivel. You really would never get back doored by CAV if your in satellite view the whole time. Still doesn't change the fact the camera sucks.

Edited by Equinox187, 29 December 2017 - 04:24 PM.


NOX_N0Values #9 Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:04 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 11
  • Member since:
    09-10-2017

View PostEquinox187, on 29 December 2017 - 04:23 PM, said:

Seriously, what is up with this camera. I assumed after years of success with Total War they would stick with what works. I believe it is there attempt to keep players heads on a swivel. You really would never get back doored by CAV if your in satellite view the whole time. Still doesn't change the fact the camera sucks.

 

Agreed. 

kamuisimeon #10 Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:11 PM

    Private

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 2
  • Member since:
    02-25-2018
Agreed, the camera needs some work. Quite frankly, I don't need to zoom in and see the troops fighting, just my troop number, morale, hp . In other moba/rts games, the click to move is very responsive and rapid, this game lacks that and instead  utilizes a long distance arrow that has specified courses mapped to it. We cannot move anywhere we want, just where the game allows us to. If engaged in a battle, I shouldn't have to wait 20 seconds for my troops to stop fighting and pull back. They should do so immediately so my losses are cut before my units are completely annihilated. Fix responsiveness and camera please.




1 user(s) are reading this topic