[RIP] Balance Suggest: Tone down all commander abilities

balance ability

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Letum_Cruento #41 Posted 20 January 2018 - 09:53 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

That's a lot of good work.  But an easier way to limit the abilities would be to limit them to what the max values would be for that Tier.

So if T10 Germanicus goes into a game with a Tier 6 unit, his abilities are limited to what the limit on the Tier tree for Tier 6.

I know I feel bad playing Tier 6 with a Tier 9 Germanicus, but my lowest Roman commander is T8 and he is hands down the weakest Roman commander.  I play a lot of Tier 6 because I have a Tier 6 premium that is my favorite unit.  Back when Tier 6-8 were the top units for 99% of players, my favorite was a Tier 7 premium.  The XP, win or lose, is too much to pass up. So I don't go down beat on newer players, but to play with newer players in my clan who max out at 5-6.

I THINK WG/CA could most easily limit the abilities to the skill tree level max than any other way.  But appreciate the work that went into your table wolfvn, that's a good example of how much work a good TESTER will do.  S!

Ancient_Exile #42 Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:00 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield
It would be a good thing (I believe anyways) to look into making Caesars SILENCE ability only work on the commander abilities and NOT silence the individual UNIT abilities...........Just putting it out there and I figured this thread would be a good one to use for the suggestion............*__*

"You can't get blood out of a stone"

traumadisaster #43 Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:50 PM

Sergeant

View PostAncient_Exile, on 18 February 2018 - 11:00 PM, said:

It would be a good thing (I believe anyways) to look into making Caesars SILENCE ability only work on the commander abilities and NOT silence the individual UNIT abilities...........Just putting it out there and I figured this thread would be a good one to use for the suggestion............*__*

Ceaser's silence works perfectly as the devs intended, if anything the range needs to be extended earlier on as in t10 Ceaser, it's a good team conmander.

balkasg #44 Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:07 PM

Lance-corporal

Sadly, there has been little or no indication that the devs intend to nerf commander abilities any further despite the popularity of this suggestion. Throughout the closed beta the only commander ability that has been really (over) nerfed was Oath of Perseverance, and the only abilities which have been buffed are momentum and ambush.... As we transition to open beta i hope the dev's will reconsider and/or at least communicate with us clearly how they feel about the state of commander abilities, especially in high tier.

Ancient_Exile #45 Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:18 AM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

View Posttraumadisaster, on 19 February 2018 - 06:50 AM, said:

Ceaser's silence works perfectly as the devs intended, if anything the range needs to be extended earlier on as in t10 Ceaser, it's a good team conmander.

:amazed: If you say, after all you have EXTENSIVE knowledge backing that jest so then Caesar's silence ability must be PERFECT cause Trauma presented the facts so there is NO debating that.........I think......:p P.S. I hope you played Caesar better than you did pikes..........:ohmy:

wwolfvn #46 Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:30 AM

Sergeant

View Postbalkasg, on 19 February 2018 - 10:07 AM, said:

Sadly, there has been little or no indication that the devs intend to nerf commander abilities any further despite the popularity of this suggestion. Throughout the closed beta the only commander ability that has been really (over) nerfed was Oath of Perseverance, and the only abilities which have been buffed are momentum and ambush.... As we transition to open beta i hope the dev's will reconsider and/or at least communicate with us clearly how they feel about the state of commander abilities, especially in high tier.

To the best of my knowledge, the only dev occasionally played high tier is Paulss. But I don't know if he even has an account in NA forum to give you a thumb up or reply. :teethhappy:

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."

traumadisaster #47 Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:44 PM

Sergeant

View PostAncient_Exile, on 20 February 2018 - 12:18 AM, said:

:amazed: If you say, after all you have EXTENSIVE knowledge backing that jest so then Caesar's silence ability must be PERFECT cause Trauma presented the facts so there is NO debating that.........I think......:p P.S. I hope you played Caesar better than you did pikes..........:ohmy:

Insult again, but I'm not good with any units, i don't even play multiplayer, this is my first ever and only cause it's a Total War game.  I'm here for fun and occasional drunk play otherwise I'm found in my single player games without twitch movements and micro-ing like Hendrix.  

Since I brought Ceaser up to t10 I can share my opinion that I'd like to see his range extended not decreased due to the difficulty it is to keep javs safe that close to the line.

Btw in many less games about 3400 or so I've 3 t10 commanders (and 3 t10 units) and every other commander of all factions up to t7-t9, so I've experienced a good part of the game and wouldn't mind seeing some changes to reduce abilities that compound.  Such as being able to use two commanders abilities in conjunction to route an enemy from a frontal assault.

wwolfvn #48 Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:37 AM

Sergeant

View Postwwolfvn, on 19 February 2018 - 10:30 PM, said:

To the best of my knowledge, the only dev occasionally played high tier is Paulss. But I don't know if he even has an account in NA forum to give you a thumb up or reply. :teethhappy:

Nevermind. He didn't care what players said. :D

Ancient_Exile #49 Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:51 AM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

View Postwwolfvn, on 20 February 2018 - 11:37 PM, said:

Nevermind. He didn't care what players said. :D

Apparently not............

Blood Drinker IV http://forum.totalwararena.com/index.php?/topic/3164-blood-drinker-iv1000000-kills/

wwolfvn #50 Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:44 AM

Sergeant

RIP

Also tagged with balance, ability

6 user(s) are reading this topic