So is anything going to be done about this insane amount of

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

ApolloBez #1 Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:35 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

Charge impact Alexander gets during hammer charges??  

I mean seriously, decimating enemy units after charging through a mob of friendly ones... is way over the top

Edited by ApolloBez, 21 September 2017 - 03:37 PM.

If you can't beat'em, join'em; (and wait for a better opportunity to strike).   

SPEEROARENACANUS #2 Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:43 PM

Junior Sergeant

Infantry: old and busted

Cavalry: new hotness

http://forum.totalwa...valry-infantry/

"War Dogago Delenda Est."

And, as always, death to War Dogs.

- Cato the Elder, 2017

Ancient_Exile #3 Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:41 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield
I will add some stuff Friday night or Saturday Apollo to help aid in expressing your concerns good-sir!

"You can't get blood out of a stone"

ApolloBez #4 Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:10 PM

Senior Sergeant

Heck, I've just gotten accustomed to the fact if I see Alexander anywhere on the field, I'm going to lose every unit I got, if he decides to charge me.. and there's nothing I can do about it.

wwolfvn #5 Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:20 PM

Sergeant

View PostApolloBez, on 22 September 2017 - 08:10 AM, said:

Heck, I've just gotten accustomed to the fact if I see Alexander anywhere on the field, I'm going to lose every unit I got, if he decides to charge me.. and there's nothing I can do about it.

My Germanicus can testudo that +20% deflect at t8. I tested it thoroughly and conclude that this is the only way for Rome swordmen to effectively hold against T8+ Alex blob wedge. However, since yours is Scipio using infantry, I think the only way at this moment is to try to oath before receiving the charge from Alex (hard to do if units not engaging in combat in prior to the collision).

It's a dire time for Rome!

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."

ApolloBez #6 Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:30 PM

Senior Sergeant

View Postwwolfvn, on 22 September 2017 - 09:20 AM, said:

My Germanicus can testudo that +20% deflect at t8. I tested it thoroughly and conclude that this is the only way for Rome swordmen to effectively hold against T8+ Alex blob wedge. However, since yours is Scipio using infantry, I think the only way at this moment is to try to oath before receiving the charge from Alex (hard to do if units not engaging in combat in prior to the collision).

It's a dire time for Rome!

Well I'm running both Germ, and Scipio... and ranking both infantry lines... so I'm still T7, (and I lost a week due to Irma...) so I'm pretty powerless against T8-9 Alex

SPEEROARENACANUS #7 Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:46 PM

Junior Sergeant

View PostApolloBez, on 22 September 2017 - 02:30 PM, said:

Well I'm running both Germ, and Scipio... and ranking both infantry lines... so I'm still T7, (and I lost a week due to Irma...) so I'm pretty powerless against T8-9 Alex

I'm doing the same thing. Scipio actually became my main and I use 2 inf 1 cav. You can't Oath preemptively the majority of the time, however, because you have to be in combat.

I simply avoid dogs and cavalry like the plague. There are only a few situations that come out of engaging as Germanicus:

• Dogs charge and slaughter one of my infantry. Try to use other units to destroy handlers so I at least get some kills on the board.
  • Alexander front end charges me and routs one unit completely, small possibility of getting a few kills out of him pulling back.
  • Scipio charges and Oaths, which does a good amount of damage, which can possibly be countered with Vengeance, or maybe pull units out during Oath.
  • If Scipio cavalry is already engaged in Oath, you may as well not even try to attack. Your charge will do LITERALLY ZERO damage and probably not affect morale. Then it's a war of attrition. It's going to cost much more than it's worth to engage.

Alexander is basically Agent Smith on horseback, and we're all recently unplugged Matrix plebs trying to survive. "When you see an Alexander, you do what we do, you run."

"War Dogago Delenda Est."

And, as always, death to War Dogs.

- Cato the Elder, 2017

ApolloBez #8 Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:33 PM

Senior Sergeant

Well I've had better success actually target the "dogs" of war-dog units... still don't get kill credit for them...  and they are useful in counterbalancing Pikes, and Greek phalanx, (as they should be, being smaller and more agile than men), But Alexander's mess is waaaay toooo powerful... And I don't call to nerf anything, ever!!

But he needs NERFING!!

I mean that fool doesn't even have to build up speed.. just turn, hit hammer, instant rout and kill....   silly really 

Edited by ApolloBez, 22 September 2017 - 03:38 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users