Jump to content


Barbarian trickery


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Hired_Gun92 #1 Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:05 PM

    Private

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 5
  • Member since:
    06-01-2015
So I find the Barbarian ability to deceive the enemy by making them seem friendly is a bit absurd. I understand they are supposed to be sneaky, cunning barbarians, but it almost feels like it ruins the "fair" match. I don't know, just thought I would bring it up and see if other people wanted it removed like I do. 

Ancient_Exile #2 Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:14 PM

    Zhayedan

  • Silver Shield
  • 1,428
  • Member since:
    11-24-2016
Gotta be aware bruh! Also too they have to take the time and the risk to position their troops for a surprise attack so they have alot of risk to cope with.....So they should be rewarded for a successful infiltration and if they removed that then that would seem awkward to me......It's been around so long.......

"You can't get blood out of a stone"


dance210 #3 Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:57 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 502
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostHired_Gun92, on 08 September 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

So I find the Barbarian ability to deceive the enemy by making them seem friendly is a bit absurd. I understand they are supposed to be sneaky, cunning barbarians, but it almost feels like it ruins the "fair" match. I don't know, just thought I would bring it up and see if other people wanted it removed like I do. 

 

Hi Hired_Guns92,

 

Thank you for your feedback. Could you explain further why you feel as though it ruins a match? Is it because the ability is overpowered or another reason? Thanks!



Ackturi #4 Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:35 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 40
  • Member since:
    09-01-2017

View Postdance210, on 08 September 2017 - 09:57 PM, said:

 

Hi Hired_Guns92,

 

Thank you for your feedback. Could you explain further why you feel as though it ruins a match? Is it because the ability is overpowered or another reason? Thanks!

 

Why do they have the ability to cloak teammates? Tooltip says "yourself" not "your allies" I've seen greek and roman commanders cloaked this way.

Warsoldier12 #5 Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:19 AM

    Private

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 2
  • Member since:
    08-22-2017
Use spacebar.

KingJofreThe001 #6 Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:22 AM

    Sergeant

  • Praetorian
  • 468
  • Member since:
    11-27-2016

View PostHired_Gun92, on 08 September 2017 - 04:05 PM, said:

So I find the Barbarian ability to deceive the enemy by making them seem friendly is a bit absurd. I understand they are supposed to be sneaky, cunning barbarians, but it almost feels like it ruins the "fair" match. I don't know, just thought I would bring it up and see if other people wanted it removed like I do. 

 

Map awareness is important. The ability is far from OP though. CA admitted as much back in April when they said that they were going to redesign it as anyone can see through it by going through the options tab or pressing spacebar in match.

#WhereisBoudica 

#WarpuppyTime


Hired_Gun92 #7 Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:28 AM

    Private

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 5
  • Member since:
    06-01-2015

Maybe it's not as bad as I first thought after playing about five hours more. It does seem however, that the majority of people that are faced against this ability, never recognize the actual threat. Even after marking the specific unit on the map, or explaining in chat that the units are in fact, enemy, most people just don't get it. I recommend adding something into the game that counters this ability. Example: Having control of a watchtower will automatically identify all units within it's line of sight. That would add to the importance of capturing, and holding watchtowers.

 

What do you guys think?

 

PS. If this ability is meant to cause as much chaos, and confusion on the field as possible, then it's doing it job xD 



Truth_ #8 Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:54 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 36
  • Member since:
    04-28-2014
It's basically their only way of winning when, at higher tiers, people just camp at base and you have to use your weak barbarians to go up against phalanxes and heavy Roman infantry where speed and forest bonus doesn't matter.

wwolfvn #9 Posted 09 September 2017 - 02:15 AM

    Sergeant

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 481
  • Member since:
    02-24-2017
Hover your cursor over any suspicious units. If the cursor is arrow, that unit's your allies. If it turns to sword cursor, it's enemy.

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."


Ackturi #10 Posted 09 September 2017 - 02:35 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 40
  • Member since:
    09-01-2017
The ability also doesn't show you their visibility area. So if you see a blue guy coming out of the fog of war it's not a friend.

Arkkinite #11 Posted 09 September 2017 - 04:50 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 180
  • Member since:
    11-27-2016

View PostHired_Gun92, on 09 September 2017 - 01:28 AM, said:

Maybe it's not as bad as I first thought after playing about five hours more. It does seem however, that the majority of people that are faced against this ability, never recognize the actual threat. Even after marking the specific unit on the map, or explaining in chat that the units are in fact, enemy, most people just don't get it. I recommend adding something into the game that counters this ability. Example: Having control of a watchtower will automatically identify all units within it's line of sight. That would add to the importance of capturing, and holding watchtowers.

 

What do you guys think?

 

PS. If this ability is meant to cause as much chaos, and confusion on the field as possible, then it's doing it job xD 

 

People will realise it is a threat after getting backstabbed enough times... experience is a good teacher, for some anyway.

_POTUS_ #12 Posted 09 September 2017 - 07:37 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 31
  • Member since:
    02-23-2017

View PostArkkinite, on 09 September 2017 - 04:50 AM, said:

 

People will realise it is a threat after getting backstabbed enough times... experience is a good teacher, for some anyway.

I was playing spears one game and I saw the other side's barb doing this trick. I told my arty to shoot and he just keep typing "????????". I got to a point I just took off with my spears. 



Cobboolio #13 Posted 09 September 2017 - 10:33 AM

    Sergeant

  • Praetorian
  • 376
  • Member since:
    11-25-2016

I think it's under powered at the moment. I think a rework would be good, but not because it's OP.

 

It provides stat buffs so I usually just find myself activating it right before a charge. I tend not to use it that much because experienced players spot you easily.



imrik2545 #14 Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:16 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 31
  • Member since:
    08-13-2015

If anything I think this ability is underpowered. I, and the majority of people on my teams, seem to see through this ability immediately and ping it so everyone else sees as well. It is possible I just haven't seen anyone use the ability effectively yet.

 

 

 

I don't have Arminius to tier 5 yet, I am close though. I think I will be much more sneaky with it than other people and will judge it more thoroughly then. My current opinion, after only having seen other people use this ability, is that it is useless and should be removed for something else.



_POTUS_ #15 Posted 16 September 2017 - 01:23 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 31
  • Member since:
    02-23-2017

I had more luck with this ability late in the game when and if our team siege a cap, than early in game. 

 

Or deep in the woods because when barbs vs barbs people tend to zoom in their cameras hence not noticing cavs from afar. 






1 user(s) are reading this topic