Jump to content


Marathon: Warrior Trials


  • Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

poltrojan #21 Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:37 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 39
  • Member since:
    06-09-2013
.... that's what beta is for before the actual release.  to find bugs, feedback and complains. 

Swimming_Samurai #22 Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:29 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 10
  • Member since:
    12-17-2016

View PostSwimming_Samurai, on 11 September 2017 - 06:00 PM, said:

So whats the news with this event now?

 

My question still stands. :p

Ardez #23 Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:30 PM

    Zhayedan

  • Praetorian
  • 2,237
  • Member since:
    03-06-2012

View PostSwimming_Samurai, on 12 September 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

 

My question still stands. :p

 

The week has 3 more days after today. We're supposed to know this wait, so the word right now I guess is patience.


Swimming_Samurai #24 Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:51 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 10
  • Member since:
    12-17-2016

View PostArdez, on 12 September 2017 - 05:30 PM, said:

 

The week has 3 more days after today. We're supposed to know this wait, so the word right now I guess is patience.

 

Ahh, i see! Thanks, that clears up a lot more than from what i expected. So long as there is a set date on when (more or less i mean) then i am good.

wwolfvn #25 Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:02 PM

    Sergeant

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 481
  • Member since:
    02-24-2017

View Postgmcoy, on 11 September 2017 - 12:43 PM, said:

Who won this week's event????

 

T8 Alex / Scipio / Germanicus in the top 5 I guess.


"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."


dance210 #26 Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:54 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 502
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

Mission 2: Art of War

 

Begins: Friday, September 15 at 17:00 PT / 20:00 ET

Ends: Sunday, September 17 at 20:59 PT / 23:59 ET

 

Requirements: Win the most amount of battles

Restrictions:

  • Must be in Tier 3 unit or higher
  • Commander level should not exceed the units' level by more than 2 levels

 

 

Good luck in this weekend's Trial!



KingJofreThe001 #27 Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:07 PM

    Sergeant

  • Praetorian
  • 468
  • Member since:
    11-27-2016
This is better. Im glad that the message got across. 

#WhereisBoudica 

#WarpuppyTime


Swimming_Samurai #28 Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:35 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 10
  • Member since:
    12-17-2016

View Postdance210, on 15 September 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

Mission 2: Art of War

 

Begins: Friday, September 15 at 17:00 PT / 20:00 ET

Ends: Sunday, September 17 at 20:59 PT / 23:59 ET

 

Requirements: Win the most amount of battles

Restrictions:

  • Must be in Tier 3 unit or higher
  • Commander level should not exceed the units' level by more than 2 levels

 

 

Good luck in this weekend's Trial!

 

^ Now this is a type of mission that would surely encourage teamwork to high hell. But i am worried on how battles will work right now, it is still a matter of finishing up as fast as possible with many/multiple generals as possible. In the end, the winner will be the same as the first mission, the person who grinned the most rather than the person who is most skilled.

 

(PS: I know it may be greedy, but when do i get my reward? :D)



Ackturi #29 Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:10 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 40
  • Member since:
    09-01-2017
These missions should be shorter on time. As stated previously, Only those who can play constantly will be winning all of the events! I'd rather see 3 days of 3-5 hours each day to count as the event.

DETrooper #30 Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:46 PM

    Sergeant

  • Praetorian
  • 371
  • Member since:
    10-12-2011
So, what's to stop people from just joining and leaving a match and doing the same on all of their commanders to stack the most amount of wins possible?


KingJofreThe001 #31 Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:28 PM

    Sergeant

  • Praetorian
  • 468
  • Member since:
    11-27-2016
Apparently nothing. Players are reporting extensive AFK-ing in matches both in global chat and in the Discord.

#WhereisBoudica 

#WarpuppyTime


dance210 #32 Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:53 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 502
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostDETrooper, on 15 September 2017 - 12:46 PM, said:

So, what's to stop people from just joining and leaving a match and doing the same on all of their commanders to stack the most amount of wins possible?

 

There is no mechanic that prevents a player from leaving a match; sometimes things happen. However, if you notice a player continuously leaving matches, please submit a Support ticket with screenshot(s).


Gerasim_Ivanov #33 Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:26 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 12
  • Member since:
    09-15-2017

View PostDETrooper, on 15 September 2017 - 07:46 PM, said:

So, what's to stop people from just joining and leaving a match and doing the same on all of their commanders to stack the most amount of wins possible?

 

​First of all If someone does it he can't get 100% win ratio he will be loosing a lot. If you want to win a battle you got to fight it yourself :)

gmcoy #34 Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:47 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 214
  • Member since:
    07-06-2017

View PostSiylenia, on 11 September 2017 - 07:19 PM, said:

 

​The War Dogs did.

 

lol ok

 

 "There is no shame in fear, there is only shame in letting fear rule you. Try not to look scared and you will find bravery in your heart!"

C. Gibbs 


Nooberto #35 Posted 19 September 2017 - 03:27 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Praetorian
  • 831
  • Member since:
    02-21-2017
I would like to offer my opinion on these "rewards" based events. People who primarily play in parties should not be eligible to win. This was a problem during the Alpha's events and I would like to see the categories (technically two prizes awarded) separated or made ineligible. Parties inflate these statistics very heavily.
I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.

Ackturi #36 Posted 19 September 2017 - 03:52 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 40
  • Member since:
    09-01-2017

View PostNooberto, on 19 September 2017 - 03:27 AM, said:

I would like to offer my opinion on these "rewards" based events. People who primarily play in parties should not be eligible to win. This was a problem during the Alpha's events and I would like to see the categories (technically two prizes awarded) separated or made ineligible. Parties inflate these statistics very heavily.

 

You want to take a multiplayer game and make events solo-able only? If anything, they should make you HAVE to be in a party to participate in an event. This is a team based game where you rely on 9 others in battle, solo should be the LAST thing you want to do.

Nooberto #37 Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:30 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Praetorian
  • 831
  • Member since:
    02-21-2017

View PostAckturi, on 18 September 2017 - 07:52 PM, said:

You want to take a multiplayer game and make events solo-able only? If anything, they should make you HAVE to be in a party to participate in an event. This is a team based game where you rely on 9 others in battle, solo should be the LAST thing you want to do.

I don't know how long you have been playing Total War: Arena so I will give you the benefit of the doubt and explain it to you. Four experienced players can win 90% of their games with very little effort, if not a higher percentage, by just attack moving across the map with almost any assortment of units. That's just how strong communication and parties are. Events should be designed to be fair so that anyone who participates has a chance to win, instead of giving a distinct advantage to a specific selection of players.

 

If you don't believe me from my long experience on this game, bring your party of 4 and I'll bring my party of 4 and we'll see who wins.

 

I'll take any of my fellow Praetorians. :)


I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.

Ackturi #38 Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:43 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 40
  • Member since:
    09-01-2017

View PostNooberto, on 19 September 2017 - 01:30 AM, said:

I don't know how long you have been playing Total War: Arena so I will give you the benefit of the doubt and explain it to you. Four experienced players can win 90% of their games with very little effort, if not a higher percentage, by just attack moving across the map with almost any assortment of units. That's just how strong communication and parties are. Events should be designed to be fair so that anyone who participates has a chance to win, instead of giving a distinct advantage to a specific selection of players.

 

If you don't believe me from my long experience on this game, bring your party of 4 and I'll bring my party of 4 and we'll see who wins.

 

I'll take any of my fellow Praetorians. :)

 

That's my point! No one should want to solo when partying is so easy and people pretty much always ask for groups in game chat. If one wants to solo, they SHOULD be at a disadvantage. That's the cost of soloing in a multiplayer game.

Nooberto #39 Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:19 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Praetorian
  • 831
  • Member since:
    02-21-2017

View PostAckturi, on 18 September 2017 - 10:43 PM, said:

That's my point! No one should want to solo when partying is so easy and people pretty much always ask for groups in game chat. If one wants to solo, they SHOULD be at a disadvantage. That's the cost of soloing in a multiplayer game.

Just because something is easier for you does not mean that it is completely accessible to other people. Events, again, should be designed with the aim of giving everyone the chance of winning rather than a specific group of people.

 

I don't want to be "that nerd" but uhh..Multiplayer does not mean partying up with people. It means that more than one person plays at the same time in a shared game environment:amazed:

 

Also I don't want to remove the possibility of any rewards from players but partying should most definitely be in its own category. Some people like to play alone and they shouldn't be punished for it.


I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.

Ackturi #40 Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:26 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 40
  • Member since:
    09-01-2017

View PostNooberto, on 19 September 2017 - 02:19 AM, said:

Just because something is easier for you does not mean that it is completely accessible to other people. Events, again, should be designed with the aim of giving everyone the chance of winning rather than a specific group of people.

 

I don't want to be "that nerd" but uhh..Multiplayer does not mean partying up with people. It means that more than one person plays at the same time in a shared game environment:amazed:

 

Also I don't want to remove the possibility of any rewards from players but partying should most definitely be in its own category. Some people like to play alone and they shouldn't be punished for it.

 

Any event will have someone at a disadvantage. Especially events like this game where grinding wins every time. I'm being punished for not being able to play 12-16 hours or more a day and not able to compete with the numbers the top players do. Does that mean they are punishing me by making it too long of an event? Doesn't seem fair huh.

 

Guess it wasn't designed to give everyone the chance of winning.

 

P.S. I also stated that this was a team based game, not just 'multiplayer'.


Edited by Ackturi, 19 September 2017 - 07:35 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users