Jump to content


Marathon: Warrior Trials


  • Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

dance210 #1 Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:12 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 502
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012
Commanders!
 
Welcome to the Warrior Trials! Every weekend, you will have a new goal to work towards with cool prizes on the line.
 
As a summary:
  • Each Friday you'll receive the mission details
  • Each mission starts on Friday at 17:00 PT / 20:00 ET and ends on Sunday at 20:59 PT / 23.59 ET
  • Cool prizes depending on how well you do
    • Founder's Pack for the first 10 
    • Premium Account days for the first 300 
  • Reward distribution and ranking will be announced a week after the mission has ended
  • There are 6 tiers of rewards and you can only earn the rewards of each tier once
    • In total this means you can get 29 days of Premium Account, the Ultimate bundle and the gold equivalent of the Starter bundle (1250 gold)! 
  • Rewards will be credited to your account again when Open Beta starts
 
The full details can be found in our article here. (The FAQ will be updated as more questions are asked.)


dance210 #2 Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:20 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 502
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

Mission 1: Decimator

 

Begins: Friday, September 8 at 17:00 PT / 20:00 ET

Ends: Sunday, September 10 at 20:59 PT / 23:59 ET

 

Requirements: Kill the highest total number of enemy soldiers over the weekend!

 

Good luck in this weekend's Trial!



SPEEROARENACANUS #3 Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:13 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 113
  • Member since:
    07-08-2017

Really liking this idea. Definitely makes the game more interesting.

 

Looking forward to future missions, perhaps even "temporary" map objectives or something long-term could be interesting as well.


"War Dogago Delenda Est."

And, as always, death to War Dogs.

- Cato the Elder, 2017


Ancient_Exile #4 Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:20 PM

    Zhayedan

  • Silver Shield
  • 1,428
  • Member since:
    11-24-2016

View Postdance210, on 08 September 2017 - 10:20 AM, said:

Mission 1: Decimator

 

Begins: Friday, September 8 at 17:00 PT / 20:00 ET

Ends: Sunday, September 10 at 20:59 PT / 23:59 ET

 

Requirements: Kill the highest total number of enemy soldiers over the weekend!

 

Good luck in this weekend's Trial!

 

That's not right because as the guys who got their premium account and the founder packs they purchased will have the advantage with their tier 8 commanders...........Ohhh what a hoot.......I can name the winners now quite frankly.............*__* Oh well maybe ill hit T6 by tonight but man that really bites........

Edited by Ancient_Exile, 08 September 2017 - 05:21 PM.

"You can't get blood out of a stone"


Cobboolio #5 Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:42 PM

    Sergeant

  • Praetorian
  • 376
  • Member since:
    11-25-2016

View PostAncient_Exile, on 08 September 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

 

That's not right because as the guys who got their premium account and the founder packs they purchased will have the advantage with their tier 8 commanders...........Ohhh what a hoot.......I can name the winners now quite frankly.............*__* Oh well maybe ill hit T6 by tonight but man that really bites........

 

Yeah the commander tier issue really needs fixing. The way to win this tournament - play a high tier commander with a low tier unit, easily beat all other units.

KingJofreThe001 #6 Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:10 PM

    Sergeant

  • Praetorian
  • 468
  • Member since:
    11-27-2016
My main response to this trial is that it was poorly planned. While CA may want extensive data for balancing, its going to make for a generally disappointing weekend and any new players are going to get the hell beaten out of them by players seeing to farm them for kills. The contest should've been more targeted so the new beta players could've had the option to opt out and play in lower tiers. 

#WhereisBoudica 

#WarpuppyTime


UncleThrash #7 Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:00 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 33
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011
....... no comment

Ackturi #8 Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:08 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 40
  • Member since:
    09-01-2017
Make it most victories over kills? because you can just FF with archers and steal everyone's kills to win kills but lose matches.... Victories in matches should be the only ones you pull from!

fantaisie #9 Posted 09 September 2017 - 03:13 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 80
  • Member since:
    02-02-2016
ha.

DETrooper #10 Posted 09 September 2017 - 12:30 PM

    Sergeant

  • Praetorian
  • 371
  • Member since:
    10-12-2011
Well now low tiers are being raped by T8+ Germanicuses and Alexanders. Good job WG.


Ancient_Exile #11 Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:36 PM

    Zhayedan

  • Silver Shield
  • 1,428
  • Member since:
    11-24-2016

View PostDETrooper, on 09 September 2017 - 06:30 AM, said:

Well now low tiers are being raped by T8+ Germanicuses and Alexanders. Good job WG.

 

And tier 8 Scipio's aren't harming anyone? I saw a couple? What  about the tier 8 boudicea's running war Dogs?

"You can't get blood out of a stone"


WaldoVonZude #12 Posted 09 September 2017 - 04:24 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 158
  • Member since:
    12-15-2016
Starting a new event without addressing the existing problems is going to diminish the credibility of this studio even further.

I still haven't received my closed alpha rewards. I sent a support ticket and the reply was off topic and automatically closed! Additionally the forums are still overwhelmed with traffic, so this is the first I hear about the mission... 

It would be fine to experience these errors while forming regulations ONLY IF there was a swift and effective solution to every error. 

Applied Behavior Analysis uses only empirical evidence to form generalizations about human behavior. I teach about ABA, public speaking, and leadership as a hobby.

KingJofreThe001 #13 Posted 09 September 2017 - 05:38 PM

    Sergeant

  • Praetorian
  • 468
  • Member since:
    11-27-2016

View PostWaldoVonZude, on 09 September 2017 - 11:24 AM, said:

Starting a new event without addressing the existing problems is going to diminish the credibility of this studio even further.

I still haven't received my closed alpha rewards. I sent a support ticket and the reply was off topic and automatically closed! Additionally the forums are still overwhelmed with traffic, so this is the first I hear about the mission... 

It would be fine to experience these errors while forming regulations ONLY IF there was a swift and effective solution to every error. 

 

I quit playing for the weekend after the chaos of last night. Its simply not worth the hassle. 


#WhereisBoudica 

#WarpuppyTime


Ancient_Exile #14 Posted 09 September 2017 - 07:01 PM

    Zhayedan

  • Silver Shield
  • 1,428
  • Member since:
    11-24-2016

View PostKingJofreThe001, on 09 September 2017 - 11:38 AM, said:

 

I quit playing for the weekend after the chaos of last night. Its simply not worth the hassle.

 

Truly frustrating when you hear a long time tester state this ^^^^......This contest should of been done the first weekend when things were more equal.......Not when a few get a massive jump on the rest XP and tier wise.............The others will just simply refuse to be fodder for their kill count.......XD

"You can't get blood out of a stone"


Swimming_Samurai #15 Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:00 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 10
  • Member since:
    12-17-2016
So whats the news with this event now?

gmcoy #16 Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:43 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 214
  • Member since:
    07-06-2017
Who won this week's event????

 

 "There is no shame in fear, there is only shame in letting fear rule you. Try not to look scared and you will find bravery in your heart!"

C. Gibbs 


Siylenia #17 Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:19 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 12
  • Member since:
    09-17-2016

View Postgmcoy, on 11 September 2017 - 06:43 PM, said:

Who won this week's event????

 

​The War Dogs did.

Ancient_Exile #18 Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:01 PM

    Zhayedan

  • Silver Shield
  • 1,428
  • Member since:
    11-24-2016

View PostSiylenia, on 11 September 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

 

​The War Dogs did.

 

^^^^

"You can't get blood out of a stone"


Cobranana #19 Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:21 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 35
  • Member since:
    12-15-2016

View PostAncient_Exile, on 09 September 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:

 

Truly frustrating when you hear a long time tester state this ^^^^......This contest should of been done the first weekend when things were more equal.......Not when a few get a massive jump on the rest XP and tier wise.............The others will just simply refuse to be fodder for their kill count.......XD

 

Agreed.



KingJofreThe001 #20 Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:29 PM

    Sergeant

  • Praetorian
  • 468
  • Member since:
    11-27-2016

View PostCobranana, on 11 September 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

 

Agreed.

 

the way I see it at this point is that CA has given its temporary blessing to the worst parts of this game.  The time that I have to relax is limited and I'm not going to subject myself to a toxic meta if I can play something else. I'll play next weekend if they actually show that they are capable of making real balance patch in a timely manner. 

#WhereisBoudica 

#WarpuppyTime





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users