Dogs Have Armor Penetrating Teeth

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

SPEEROARENACANUS #1 Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:59 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

Apparently.

Seriously, how do dogs absolutely slaughter armored legionnaires? Do they bite their toes first?

Asking for a friend.

"War Dogago Delenda Est."

And, as always, death to War Dogs.

- Cato the Elder, 2017

Alue85 #2 Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:10 AM

Lance-corporal

or how dogs can somehow overpower a calvary charge.....

nickalaso123 #3 Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:36 PM

Lance-corporal

Have you guys not figured it out yet? The so called dogs aren't dogs but rather Gundabad wolves where they will slaughter everything they come across :)Image result for gundabad wolves

Primno #4 Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:47 PM

Lance-corporal

Agreed they are an ancient breed of ultra large wolves.

SPEEROARENACANUS #5 Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:31 PM

Junior Sergeant

Just charged armored legionnaires into a pack of charging dogs - the dogs took zero damage, 15% of my unit was instantly wiped. The other player charged his dogs in one at a time, in and out, no morale penalties, until my unit was wiped.

Makes sense Wargaming. Great job.

EDIT: Oh yeah, most amazing part, zero kill credits for any I managed to kill in melee. What a great concept. Genius whoever threw those mechanics in there.

Edited by SPEEROARENACANUS, 06 September 2017 - 10:35 PM.

- Cato the Elder, 2017

HELL_SunTzu #6 Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:35 PM

Sergeant

View Postnickalaso123, on 06 September 2017 - 06:36 AM, said:

Have you guys not figured it out yet? The so called dogs aren't dogs but rather Gundabad wolves where they will slaughter everything they come across :)Image result for gundabad wolves

I could get behind this haha. It would be a pretty amazing cosmetic as well.

Edited by HELL_SunTzu, 06 September 2017 - 10:36 PM.

SPEEROARENACANUS #7 Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:40 PM

Junior Sergeant

Oh ok, wait I figured it out. It's not actually the dogs doing the damage.

They are actually NAVY SEALS that are using the dogs as a distraction while they gun you down from a distance. I forgot that we're doing the "different era's" thing, so they probably put the M4A1 in the last patch. Gotcha guys.

Now it makes so much sense. Sorry, carry on. Working as intended.

(actual in-game screenshot below)

Ah, here's a better one. Dog handlers fresh after unleashing their adorable distraction pets on the beaches of Thermopylae. Good thing they have armor penetrating ammunition for that squishy Legionnaire armor:

Edited by SPEEROARENACANUS, 06 September 2017 - 10:50 PM.

- Cato the Elder, 2017

Siylenia #8 Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:52 PM

Lance-corporal

You're totally correct, I found 5.56 ammunition on the beaches of Thermopylae last game. Also, the attack dogs are actually PMC dogs contracted from Umbrella Corp, as can be seen in the in-game picture below:

They are also undead, so they won't count as kills. That's why you get no kills when you defeat them!

Cagadus #9 Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:48 PM

Private

Because they are wardogs not Poodles

Primno #10 Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:51 PM

Lance-corporal

View PostCagadus, on 07 September 2017 - 04:48 PM, said:

Ok so if im a hardened trained soldier im not gonna use my shield or sword to cut down a war dogs charging at me from the front?

SPEEROARENACANUS #11 Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:58 PM

Junior Sergeant

View PostCagadus, on 07 September 2017 - 04:48 PM, said:

Like I said, armored legionnaires take more damage from a 1 on 1 charge than dogs. Heavily armored units with shields and swords getting clobbered by DOGS.

LOL.

- Cato the Elder, 2017

Tio_Da_Pizza #12 Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:58 AM

Lance-corporal

View PostSPEEROARENACANUS, on 07 September 2017 - 05:58 PM, said:

Like I said, armored legionnaires take more damage from a 1 on 1 charge than dogs. Heavily armored units with shields and swords getting clobbered by DOGS.

LOL.

My feelings exactly... They're supposed to trump pikes, phalanx and ranged units. NOT horses - NOT sword/shield units - And especially NOT heavy armored units.

The way things are now people can just unleash their dogs on ANYONE and it just works, it's stupid. You can't throw pilum at them, even if you manage to before they reach you, it does negligible damage. You can just pray they don't hurt -too- much.

SPEEROARENACANUS #13 Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:00 AM

Junior Sergeant

View PostTio_Da_Pizza, on 08 September 2017 - 12:58 AM, said:

My feelings exactly... They're supposed to trump pikes, phalanx and ranged units. NOT horses - NOT sword/shield units - And especially NOT heavy armored units.

The way things are now people can just unleash their dogs on ANYONE and it just works, it's stupid. You can't throw pilum at them, even if you manage to before they reach you, it does negligible damage. You can just pray they don't hurt -too- much.

I honestly think it's bugged. I played a game earlier where unleashed dogs were charging a friend's units - I caught them with Legionnaires before they could reach my friend's units by charging into the dogs. The dogs took zero damage and my legionnaires got hit as if they were charged. They weren't even being targeted - I hit them from the side.

It's those NAVY SEAL snipers, man.

- Cato the Elder, 2017

ThisNameNotUsed #14 Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:50 AM

Lance-corporal

Well SOMETHING needs to counter cav. I understand your gripe with Legionaries but seriously, pit bulls where bread for just that -- to kill BULLS --  In a pit -- one on one. Giant, muscle bound, bread for meat bulls. So dogs taking out horses isn't even a stretch at all. In fact, it's right in their wheelhouse.

Edited by ThisNameNotUsed, 08 September 2017 - 03:52 AM.

SPEEROARENACANUS #15 Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:43 AM

Junior Sergeant

View PostThisNameNotUsed, on 08 September 2017 - 03:50 AM, said:

Well SOMETHING needs to counter cav. I understand your gripe with Legionaries but seriously, pit bulls where bread for just that -- to kill BULLS --  In a pit -- one on one. Giant, muscle bound, bread for meat bulls. So dogs taking out horses isn't even a stretch at all. In fact, it's right in their wheelhouse.

Don't disagree. I think they should counter cav. But their charges shouldn't be invincible or melt through armored legionnaires. Just doesn't make sense. Let them melt cavalry.

- Cato the Elder, 2017

_Possession_ #16 Posted 09 September 2017 - 03:12 AM

Lance-corporal

My greek cavalry one on one will usually take out the hounds so far but it takes nearly half the the match to find out the outcome which usually ends with cavalry routing or near (draw). That is fair all considered....But, a sharp javelin or spear should hold off a dog any day.  Archers...well they have little chance.  A sword can be a bit of a struggle because of close combat, but better results than horses and thus a win. Dogs are quick and initially ferocious (first line defense taking huge casualty), but they do not play strategy in the least and should suffer a teamwork deficiency based on how long they engage (each defensive line thereafter gains a strategic bonus until the dogs are routed and soon wiped out)....the longer the dogs attack the worse the outcome for them.  Balance the dogs vs and it will make a better game play and a more realistic outcome.  They should really excel at an transitional strategy....attack, retreat, regroup, attack again-similar to artillery, except they can move quick and must disengage or die.  A quick morale boost to reflect their short term memory seems appropriate (dogs are not that smart).  But this addresses the other routing discussions that need fixing for this to work.  Ultimately a hundred dogs attacking a hundred armed trained soldiers (mounted or not) would in all likelihood suffer majority casualty.  Yes the humans would hurt, but would rally and kill the beast or become its new master in a rout...hmmm.

cookiecatmeow #17 Posted 09 September 2017 - 04:17 AM

Private

Total Dogs: Arena

You guys are are overreacting. The solution is to let dogs ride horses and throw javelins. Also they can teleport directly on top of any enemy artillery unit, 5 second cooldown. 

Edited by cookiecatmeow, 09 September 2017 - 04:22 AM.

Trippinbills #18 Posted 09 September 2017 - 03:44 PM

Lance-corporal

I love how there are no dev comments on this thread.

Also enjoyed this thread, nice work everyone

WRus #19 Posted 09 September 2017 - 04:08 PM

Lance-corporal

View Postcookiecatmeow, on 09 September 2017 - 04:17 AM, said:

Total Dogs: Arena

You guys are are overreacting. The solution is to let dogs ride horses and throw javelins. Also they can teleport directly on top of any enemy artillery unit, 5 second cooldown. 

It's awesome, the best idea by far !! Can't wait to see it in the next patch!!!

Hired_Gun92 #20 Posted 09 September 2017 - 11:38 PM

Private

I just want to add into the tread. My hoplites were in phalanx mode, and a unit of dogs charged into them. I thought, hey this is gonna be over quickly in my favor. Less than 15 seconds passed, and my hoplites were dead, with little to no damage done to the dogs. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users