Humble bundle/first open beta compensation?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

238611 #1 Posted 04 January 2017 - 11:57 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players

We were told that our progress would be saved and that we would be greatly rewarded for participation in last open beta. I put a lot of time in and spent some money on the humble bundle est. I just want to know they are going to keep their word and make it up to us? Any word on this yet? Looking forward to playing! When does open beta start???

Redaction #2 Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:02 AM

Private

• Players
There will be no compensation for all, and no access for all. But if you would like to buy yourself in, it will be available at a later date.

Ardez #3 Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:38 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players

A little salty Redaction?

238611, I was going to leave this for somebody at WG or CA to respond to, but just to show that not everybody here is like that:

Any money spent directly through steam was already refunded.

CA stated they would discuss internally about the humble bundle purchases. No news yet, but it is good to keep reminding them we are asking.

No announcement on open beta.

Good luck getting a code!

Edited by Ardez, 07 January 2017 - 01:38 AM.

5D is recruiting in NA & EU for TW:ARENA! PM me here or apply at 5dclan.com by clicking the image above!

First_Spear #4 Posted 07 January 2017 - 07:35 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Closed Alpha Gladiators
Yes, but alot of people only played because of the statement "No More Resets" was decreed. The refund does not recover "Time Invested" nor does it make the fact of the matter non-existent, like so many seem to think. I have no clue who redaction is but he is not the only one that is slinging salt shakers around! I myself have temporary moments of frustration due to the variables at hand but I tell you this; if they would keep playtest coming steady I'm sure the frustration would mellow way down. Nuff said!

MikeSzat #5 Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:32 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
When I first read no more resets I questioned that numerous times.  It didn't make sense to me based on where the game was at.  Sure it sucks that everyone gets reset again but the game was way too early in development not to wipe again.

ApolloBez #6 Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:41 PM

Junior Sergeant

Being early in development had nothing to do with it; it was due to the transfer of online operation the game To WG, and all it entailed.
If you can't beat'em, join'em; (and wait for a better opportunity to strike).   

MikeSzat #7 Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players

View PostApolloBez, on 08 January 2017 - 11:41 AM, said:

Being early in development had nothing to do with it; it was due to the transfer of online operation the game To WG, and all it entailed.

I know that is why the game was wiped again but even if they stayed on steam without joining wargaming I almost guarantee there would have been another wipe.

ApolloBez #8 Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:52 PM

Junior Sergeant

Possibly, I don't believe so, (not that it matters)
If you can't beat'em, join'em; (and wait for a better opportunity to strike).   

Dracolithfiend #9 Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:51 PM

Private

I doubt there would have been a wipe if it didn't move to WG. I would elaborate but the NDA prevents it. At any rate there is no excuse for the humble bundle purchases not being honored. When I PMed CA Christos he replied

Block Quote

Hi! I believe Wargaming and dev are also looking into it, don't worry. It's a serious concern of ours so rest assured it isn't being ignored. I apologise for not having more news for you.

This was in early December. I plan on waiting another couple months before a lack of reply confirms nothing will be done at all.

RaynarThul #10 Posted 15 January 2017 - 03:03 PM

Private

• Players
Everyone who played in the first beta on steam should have a key before anyone new gets one and that what has me mad as hell. I still have no key.

Ardez #11 Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:30 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players

View PostRaynarThul, on 15 January 2017 - 10:03 AM, said:

Everyone who played in the first beta on steam should have a key before anyone new gets one and that what has me mad as hell. I still have no key.

WG/CA will continue to invite players as testing progresses.

5D is recruiting in NA & EU for TW:ARENA! PM me here or apply at 5dclan.com by clicking the image above!

Styo #12 Posted 21 January 2017 - 03:35 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
Any update on the humble bundle purchases?

WaRrKrAcK #13 Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:51 PM

Lance-corporal

View PostStyo, on 21 January 2017 - 03:35 AM, said:

Any update on the humble bundle purchases?

here is an update for you. you got scammed be CA. wont be the first. wont be the last.

Ardez #14 Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:27 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players

View PostWaRrKrAcK, on 21 January 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

here is an update for you. you got scammed be CA. wont be the first. wont be the last.

That's a bit harsh.

We would like an update from CA though.

WaRrKrAcK #15 Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:38 PM

Lance-corporal

View PostArdez, on 21 January 2017 - 10:27 PM, said:

That's a bit harsh.

We would like an update from CA though.

haha the truth can sometimes be harsh my friend.

Ardez #16 Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:58 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players

View PostWaRrKrAcK, on 21 January 2017 - 05:38 PM, said:

haha the truth can sometimes be harsh my friend.

Seeing as Humble Bundle is partially for charity and they provided rewards in the lower tiers, it is a pretty stupid thing to say they tried to scam people out of $1 and yet turned around and refunded all steam purchases the day the beta ended.

WaRrKrAcK #17 Posted 22 January 2017 - 06:42 PM

Lance-corporal

yah HB gets split up. some to HB. some to charity and some to the devs. and yes its pretty cheap. but if you steal a dollar off 1000 people. you make 1000 dollars. and either way if you steal just one dollar. you are wrong for doing so. and like i said. wont be the first CA scam. wont be the last. CA makes a habit of scamming its fans sadly =/ 

Bronze_Spear #18 Posted 22 January 2017 - 07:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players

Extremist attitudes are never taken seriously! Unfortunate, yes, but we have all lined up like dogs waiting for a bone to be threw to us over this game. In reality this game could be used to keep total war junkies from moving on to other games in between development cycles of their "Bread and Butter" series! For instance say when the next historical title is released  then "Arena" will take another break for development how convenient would that be lol! I feel you though man but if you enjoy the historical series then there will always be bumps in the road on the way to the "Hopefully"  eventual release of a long-lived free-to-play Total War title that is Arena.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users