[Tutorial]How to Change Unit Width In Game

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Ardez #1 Posted 03 September 2017 - 07:09 AM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian

While adjusting your unit width doesn't provide any actual stat bonuses, you might find it good to use when trying to squeeze through a small gap by reducing your width or to try and prevent a unit from slipping past you by increasing your width. This is an ability primarily used by melee infantry.

Video Guide:

Text Guide:

First you need to go into your settings.

1. Hit Escape or open the menu via the button at the bottom right of your lobby screen.

2. Click Options.

3. Click Functions.

4. Open the 'Advanced' panel at the bottom.

5. Ensure that 'Holding ALT modifies unit width' is enabled. If not, click the box so a check appears.

6. Click apply.

Then you need to go into a battle to use it.

7. Hit play to join the queue.

8. When in battle, select a single unit.

9. Hold your ALT key on your keyboard and then press down right click on your mouse and drag it horizontally. An outline of the unit formation will appear and you can stop dragging the mouse when you have the width you want.

10. Release right click and ALT and the unit will move into the position you selected with the width you desired.

PLEASE NOTE THERE ARE UNITS THAT CANNOT HAVE THEIR WIDTH MODIFIED. THERE IS A LIMIT ON HOW MUCH YOU CAN MODIFY THE UNIT WIDTH.

Edited by Ardez, 03 September 2017 - 07:14 AM.

SgtZdog #2 Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:51 PM

Private

• Closed Alpha Gladiators
Awesome! Thank you. I was wondering if this just hadn't been implemented yet. Was super sad I couldn't stretch my formations out.

SgtZdog #3 Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:52 AM

Private

Hmm, it's not letting me do it. Is this happening to other people to? Did I find a bug?

edit: It seems to be working now, is this tier locked functionality?

Edited by SgtZdog, 09 September 2017 - 02:11 AM.

Ardez #4 Posted 09 September 2017 - 02:12 AM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian
Yeah, it is tier locked to 3+ i believe.

Letum_Cruento #5 Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:19 AM

Junior Sergeant

I've had trouble with this as well.  WHen trying to adjust the width, I often vacilitate between a width change and a facing change.  DO you think my mouse (or in my case trackball) settings are too sensitive?  Could that be causing this?

SmilinJen #6 Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:57 PM

Private

I can get the units to spread out in formation but can't get them to stay in that formation once they start advancing.  Looking for advice on how to keep formation...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users