Rule Violation Policy

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

dance210 #1 Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:34 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

Welcome new and veteran Commanders!

We wanted to have a visible rule violation guideline of what we expect our players to follow.  We all understand that competitive games such as Total War: Arena can cause frustration or can bring on the RAGE, whether it’s towards your teammates, enemies, or the game itself.  We get it, sometimes you want or need to vent and the anonymity of the internet can make that a lot easier. However, it is never okay to use excessive profanity, insults, personal attacks, derogatory comments, or any intentional in game action that is considered inappropriate conduct.

Examples of inappropriate conduct include, but are not limited to, malicious friendly fire or malicious griefing of allies (e.g. using stakes to box in allied units). We understand that there is a tactical use for friendly fire; we are referring to situations where there is vindictive or malicious damage to allies.

For a detailed explanation of the EULA and the rules we will enforce, please visit the link provided below:

Now, this is never the fun part of our jobs, but we want to ensure that everyone knows where we draw the line when it comes to these violations.  Sanctions placed on accounts are purely at our discretion and can be set with a heavy hand considering we are going to be in our Closed Beta phase on September 1st, 2017. 

So, what do you do if you come across a player who you believe is breaking the rules?  Report them to our Customer Support team! 

Some things you should include with your report:

• Attach relevant screenshot(s) or link a video if possible of the violation(s)
  • Explanation for the report so we can understand the context of the situation

We can’t tell you the outcome of these reports due to our privacy policy, but rest assured we do extensive investigations for violations, that includes the reporter!

“We are all here to have fun; be civil to each other.”

-Dogface2356

Ardez #2 Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:01 PM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian
I hope that instances of friendly fire are well investigated and that quantity of reports doesn't mean increased likelihood of a ban. Artillery players and archers will likely get reported regularly.

WaldoVonZude #3 Posted 04 September 2017 - 02:14 PM

Junior Sergeant

Dance, I warned CA about toxic behavior. I mentioned it in the forums AND in the surveys. I am an applied behavior analyst and I saw this coming from a mile away. I specialize in altering the environment by creating simple regulations that are subjectively enjoyable, this results in behavior modification. I have 9 years of experience in working with difficult people and problem children.

Currently, I have a small inbound telemarketing business, and I'm consultant for an international retailer of vehicle suspension parts. However, ​I hope to use my education and experience to mitigate toxicity in gaming communities.

Here are my thoughts:
A "silent record and report" program is a completely reactive solution. It has a large response cost, extremely delayed corrective action, and does not deter a majority of observers. A successful program will require a specific tutorial, a consistent proactive countermeasure, and an immediately reactive punishment.

Applied Behavior Analysis uses only empirical evidence to form generalizations about human behavior. I teach about ABA, public speaking, and leadership as a hobby.

Ancient_Exile #4 Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:10 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield
Freaking Pre-Socratics............and their public speaking......with a dash of Pyrrhonism..........don't forget the fancy nomenclature in a sarcastic skeptical way........*__*

"You can't get blood out of a stone"

Whiskeyclif #5 Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:54 PM

Lance-corporal

View PostAncient_Exile, on 04 September 2017 - 09:10 PM, said:

Freaking Pre-Socratics............and their public speaking......with a dash of Pyrrhonism..........don't forget the fancy nomenclature in a sarcastic skeptical way........*__*

Hahaha

best post I've ever read

WarHavic #6 Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:25 AM

Lance-corporal

if you are likely to be banning people will you be informing them? if they have breached some kind of misconduct? in reference to those not able to connect?

1 user(s) are reading this topic